I believe that a wedding photographer is not someone who simply shows up the day of your wedding, but someone who is there for you throughout the entire planning process. Email is a wonderful tool to help stay in contact with me while you manage your busy life AND coordinate the details of your Bay City, Midland, or Saginaw area wedding. Outside travel & courthouse elopement packages also available!
Ashley Lynn's philosophy:
1. Plan ahead. The best weddings are those who have a day of game plan. During wedding consultations my focus is not on selling my product to you, but really going over your wedding day timeline. Having enough time throughout the day can make the difference in your photos and stress level!
2. Who is who. I spend a good amount of time emailing my couples in the time leading up to the wedding to plan out formal photos. It is important for me to understand each side of the family to take the stress off of the newlyweds. After all, the bride should not be directing photos when she has hired me to take care of it!
3. Quality. My extensive understanding of photography along with years of professional study allows me to provide the highest quality images. My goal is to shoot at the fastest shutter speed at the lowest ISO possible. Over the course of your wedding day you will see me use multiple lighting techniques: a flash bracket for indoor photos, off camera lighting for indoor family photos, natural lighting for outdoor formals, and multiple off camera lights to capture all the reception fun.
4. Speed. As much as I enjoy using professional lighting for outdoor photos, it is unrealistic for the fast pace of the average wedding day. My strong knowledge in using natural light allows me to capture those post ceremony photos using minimal equipment. I do not want you to spend your entire wedding day taking photos! My requested photo time includes: a minimum of 60 minutes pre-ceremony, 40 minutes for post-ceremony family formals, 30 minutes for bridal party fun, and 20 minutes of private bride and groom time. If you count that, you find only 90 minutes of formal photography time!
5. Cooperation. I love to work hand in hand with my bride and grooms. I encourage my brides to send me their pose ideas or ask me for my opinion. This allows a strong relationship to be built, which allows me to understand my couple and, in the long run, create better images.